Take a walk with me!

Walk with me down a road of fun with my blog....

Friday, July 30, 2010

The OC Fair

Are you going to the OC Fair? If so, pack a lot of money! Oh and sunscreen and water are not a bad idea either! It seems as if things cost more and more every year even though we make less and less!!! Especially the food we all love to eat that's extremely bad for us!!! lol

We went to the fair for my daughter's dance performance yesterday, she dances with the TDAD (Tracy Dee Academy of Dance). It was beautiful! Since we had paid to get in, we thought we'd stick around the fair, get some food and let her have a little fun on the little kid rides and play some of the little kid games.

$40 later, my daughter and 2 friends had played 2 games and went on maybe 3 rides... It was so expensive! But, I have a suggestion. If your child wants to go on a lot of rides, there are bracelets that are specifically for the rides. I think they are about $25 and they are unlimited. Very worth it, believe me!!! But, be sure to buy it before 5pm, they stop selling them then. Another money saver is the refillable cup. It's $5 everywhere and you can refill everywhere as well for only $2.50.

Unfortunately, if you are going to play games, you are going to have to buy the cards that hold the tickets and each game is a lot of tickets to get to the big prize. My daughter got a goldfish for $5, which is the equivalent to 10 tickets and when we got home, sadly, she watched her goldfish, Muffin, take it's last breaths and pass away right in front of her! It was so sad and she was heartbroken! So, be careful if you decide to get a goldfish, it might not make it home....

Good luck with the deals, check everything out before you buy, and enjoy yourselves at the OC Fair!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah..I was there twice this year for Raquel's Livestock show. Because I'm a parent I got free parking and if you buy tix online they are $10. One day I went on a Wednesday and to get in you needed to bring 5 canned goods..and they gave you 1 free ride coupon. But yes...it's very expensive. I wanted a turkey leg sooo bad, since I can't eat a thing there...but I didn't wanna pay $12 for it. Glad you had fun but I don't know how families with multiple kids do it. Have a good one!

    bunny

    ReplyDelete