Take a walk with me!

Walk with me down a road of fun with my blog....

Friday, August 6, 2010

It is better to Give than to Receive

How many of us were taught this when we were children? I know I was and I try to practice this whenever possible! Do you? What do you think you are teaching your children or nieces and nephews? What would your parents say? You still practice this or ....



It seems like almost everyday when I drive off a freeway off ramp or stop at a turn signal, there is someone standing there holding a sign that says they are homeless, or hungry or some sad story written on a cardboard box. What do I (we) do in this situation? Give them the money because of this learned expression? Well, I have to say that I do most of the time because I was raised that when you give, you shall receive.... And I believe that even if you only have $1 left in your wallet, you still have much more than the supposed homeless person standing or sitting there begging for money.



The question is, are they really homeless or is this their job???? I can't help but wonder sometimes if this is someone who is just trying to make some extra cash, for whatever it is they are in need of, be it even something very bad! What are your thoughts?



Then again, we weren't taught to judge what we "think" they might do with it, but society has shown us that money is not always used to take care of a family's desperate needs like shelter of food. It sometimes is used for the cravings of drugs and alcohol which very well might of put that person in this situation.



In this case, would you then not give them money to survive? Would you judge? I think I would, I would even go as far as to buy the food for them in order for them to get the nourishment, and have!!!



This is just to get you thinking, the next time you see someone on the street asking for money, think more about giving up that dollar, they surely aren't making enough to have the house, the car and the happy life that we take for granted everyday!!!

1 comment: